Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Shilin Night Market

Shilin night market is the biggest night market in Taipei. A few shot of the crowd shows you this!
All kinds of stall (mostly food and clothing) are open on the street next to the shops; like this one: a hairdresser called "Mafia".. (trust that they won't cut your ear too?)


Of course the food part is great. See this swimming big prawn in a tank? Yum yum! But not all is good. I tried this pork-medicine soup, which is supposedly good for health. "It makes you strong", my colleague said. But it does taste like chinese medicine, the ones that I used to take when I was a kid! Euuuch!!!
After swallowing the pork medicine as fast as I could, I need some fresh sweet fruit which can be eaten with their special sweet-sourish salt.

And for those who like the previous rabbit picture, here are more of rabbits!! Enjoy! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find the pork slightly disturbing to look at. I won't detail why.

The rabbits are cute. I like how some of them are black and white, interracial rabbit love for the win!

-= Di =- said...

Wes,

Yes, the interracial rabbits are cute. haha.. I think in most of the games machine they will write a price, like "250NT", which means that if you can't get the item after spending 250NT for the machine, they will give you one for free!