Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yilan

The excursion of the winter school was to go to the National Center for Traditional Arts (NCFTA). The first photo was taken of a group of KungFu students performing their 'art'.
This one is a temple for students to pray before their exams
Amongst the many arts they display is this glass art. Since it is the year of the Ox, seems like Ox is everywhere!
Also charcoal figures with gold accents. Very nice! I've never seen this thing before.
And of course it wasn't complete with a shallow dof picture of a row of colorful wooden tops One of the cute moments :) More photos in picasa (just ask me the link)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dian,
Cool pictures - my, you are a busy traveller!
I liked the one about the temple for students. I wonder if they have adult versions, like one for Post Docs where I could send my sweetie to pray for a permanent position, or one for workers like myself where you can pray for sunshine and happiness in your office? :)
Miss you - I hope you're doing okay. I miss our sushi evenings and girl chats. I was even - how is this possible - thinking I was missing yoga the other day.
Take care. xx Cath